*Updated: May 01, 2014 for patch 188.8.131.5270
Hearthstone Best Arena Class By Tier
Hearthstone Arena is similar to No Limit Holdem Poker in most respects. There is an undeniable amount of luck involved, especially during the draft phase. However, a highly skilled and knowledgeable player will usually find a way to overcome any deficiencies that were encountered during draft picks by their play on the table. How did these players become skilled at Hearthstone so quickly?
You’ve heard the phrase ‘knowledge is power’, right? It’s as simple as that. It happens the same way as it happens with a poker player. You start out consuming as much information as you can get your hands on and then you use that knowledge in your gameplay. As you make mistakes you note them and fix them. Finally, you grind out games until you have so much experience that you master whatever it is you are trying to excel at. This is exactly how poker players become great at what they do. Practice, practice, practice (Allen Iverson would not approve but the infamous Raid Leader might).
Here is a quick list of the Hearthstone Best Arena Class by Tier for the month of February:
Tier 1 – Paladin, Mage
Tier 2 – Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Druid
Tier 3 – Warlock, Warrior, Priest
A few things to consider:
- Paladin and Mage continue to lord over other classes in Arena play.
- All Tier 2 classes are relatively equal in effectiveness, though they are ranked in order of most consistent to least.
- Rogue and Hunter are both equally good, however, Hunter still requires some luck in card drafting to be great.
- Warlock, Warrior, and Priest requires the most luck when drafting, which is why they are all tier 3 on this list. It is still very possible to get 12 wins with these classes, as it is with the other classes above it. Draft well, make the most efficient decisions with your cards, get lucky, and you will eventually get 12 wins with any class you play.
- Ultimately, any of the classes can get 12 wins regardless of tier. Some will take more lucky drafts to get there than others. However, if you follow this tier guide and choose the better class for the current meta you will have more consistent results.
This information is based on my personal experience from playing, watching good streamers, and reading comments from the top players on the Hearthstone forums throughout each month. If you find yourself unable to figure out which hero to choose at the beginning of Arena, then you may want to consider the tier list above.